Sunday, 28 June 2015

life will out

i've had a pretty complicated childhood.
it has turned me into the mess i am today.
i guess i can't blame anyone for it..
if i hadn't turned out this way,
i would be something else.
and there's no guarantee that 
'something else' 
is better.

there's no guarantee that the alternate would be better,
and there's no benefit in wondering.
so why bother?

...

i've had a pretty complicated life.
i let myself spiral down dark paths
that lead to secrets i could never tell a soul.
and i can't blame anyone for it..
they have been my choices.
i chose those mistakes,
even when i knew better.
and years after,
i still have nightmares about them.

but i've grown, so much.
and i know that there's always room for more.
i need to be more, because i'm capable of more.

i'm scared of so many things,
but that shows you how big my dreams are.
my biggest battle will be convincing myself 
that despite all my history,
i can still be a successful human being.

...

'life begins at the end of your comfort zone'.
every time i get scared,
i will push myself through it.

again and again i will remind myself:
'courage is not the absence of fear,
but the triumph over it.'
the fear becomes a compass, not a barrier.

despite everything,
i believe that i'm destined for great things.
it's been a hard life,
but it's still worth living.

keep your head up and believe --
this is the path that will take you to where you want to be.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment